We all have good intentions and are full of enthusiasm when we start something new, and a yoga practice is no exception – in fact, it usually feels so fantastic once we start doing a class that we are determined to keep going at home. It should be possible, right? Yoga needs no fancy equipment, just you and a mat (or carpet!). BUT how many of us quit after only a few days? MOST!!!
Here are my 5 top tips for when home practice fatigue sets in:
- Do it first thing in the morning – otherwise life gets in the way and it won’t happen (fact)
- Make it short – 3 sun salutations, 15 minutes or less daily – remember regularity is better than length
- Put the coffee on or boil the kettle while you do it, and reward yourself after as a motivator!
- Get somebody else to do it with you – anyone, even online, as long as you encourage each other
- Push through the pain – remember it takes 30 days to form a habit. After that it’s easier and you’ll see results